Jeffrey G. McKinley, CPCU, is a nationally recognized insurance expert witness. He has over 40 years experience as an insurance underwriter, retail insurance broker, wholesale insurance broker, insurance program manager, insurance consultant and insurance expert witness. He has provided testimony as an insurance expert on insurance agent and insurance broker standard of care and insurance industry custom and practice.
Expert Witness Experience
- Designated as an expert witness by both defense and plaintiff counsel.
- Deposed and testified in California, Arizona, Alaska, Washington, Oregon, Hawaii, Kentucky, Louisiana, Florida and New York State Courts and in Federal Court.
- Testified in Federal Court in the World Trade Center property insurance dispute.
- Produced written reports and demonstratives including graphs, charts and spreadsheets.
Areas of Expertise
- Industry standard of care for agents and brokers, surplus lines agents, and underwriters.
- Industry custom and practice.
- Insurance broker management, practices, policies, and systems and procedures.
- Insurance broker commission sharing arrangements.
- Insurance producer “non-compete” and “non-piracy” agreements.
- Insurance producer compensation.
- Insurance company and broker relationships.
- Manuscript property and liability insurance coverage forms.
Subject Areas of Cases in Which Testimony Has Been Provided
- Property, General Liability, Products Liability and Auto Liability Insurance
- Umbrella and Excess Liability Insurance
- Builders Risk Insurance
- Business Interruption Insurance
- Boiler and Machinery Insurance
- Directors and Officers Liability Insurance
- Professional Liability
- Pollution and Remediation Liability
- Claims Made Insurance
- Marine Insurance and Inland Marine Insurance
- Workers Compensation Insurance
- Insurance Commission Disputes
Professional Designations and Licenses
- Chartered Property Casualty Underwriter – CPCU
- Licensed insurance broker in California